Monday, April 17, 2006

Columns and Essays page goes up

Just put up a Columns and Essays page on my new Google Pages site. I cut-and-pasted text from some old Independent and web-published columns as a way of trying out the Page Creator tools.

The tools are simple and straightforward, almost WYSIWIG. Just click and type. There's an HTML editor if you want to go there, and easy-to-use tools to make links, format text and place images. Just enough to get most web pages built, and not fussy or bloated or hard to learn.

Now that I have a shell of a site, I'll try to find time to do some original content, just for these pages. I've begun an essay on censorship (will work on it this week, evenings) which will go up soon I hope. I might make it a work-in-progress essay, and you can watch as I get it into shape (or not... still deciding).

I also want to host a new portfolio of photos - shot just for the Google Pages site. I'm thinking I will do a portfolio of digital black-and-white - pictures that are shot in b&w in the camera (just like the old days of b&w film) rather than as RGB conversions after the fact. The real goal is to learn the Page Creator tools - they are like a lightweight version of APple's Pages product...

No comments: